[lsb-discuss] ELF header question

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Sat Jun 27 05:54:49 PDT 2009

Robert Schweikert wrote:
> Analysis of some binary produced a message about the .tbss section as
> follows.
>
> Non-dynamic section .tbss found in PT_DYNAMIC segment
>

> I take it this tells me that the .tbss section was written to the
> wrong segment of the header. Even after spending some time trying to
> figure out where .tbss is expected I could not find the information.
>
> Anyone know in which segment .tbss information should be written?
> A pointer to the documentation for this would be great as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

the checkers have rules derived from the attributes - it's
not always obvious up front (or necessarily even later).
my guess is that there's not an error, but just further
evolution in the section-combining stuff happening in
binutils that we've run into elsewhere.

if you can supply some header dumps (from readelf), I
can prod at this some more and see if I can understand
what's going on.