[lsb-discuss] Thinking about future LSB features

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Mon Mar 2 01:48:50 PST 2009

Thanks!

--
John Dallman
Parasolid Porting Engineer

Siemens PLM Software
46 Regent Street, Cambridge, CB2 1DP
United Kingdom
Tel: +44-1223-371554
john.dallman at siemens.com
www.siemens.com/plm

From: brian at proffitt.org [mailto:brian at proffitt.org] On Behalf Of Brian
Proffitt
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 6:54 PM
To: Theodore Tso
Cc: Dallman, John; lsb-discuss at lists.linux-foundation.org; Dan Lopez
Subject: Re: [lsb-discuss] Thinking about future LSB features

This has been fixed. There is now a friendlier "you need to log
in/register" page here in place of the denied access page.

BKP

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Theodore Tso <tytso at mit.edu> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:12:24AM +0100, Dallman, John wrote:
> The Linux Application checker web page at:
>
> http://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/lsb/downloads/linux-application-checker
>
> says "You are not authorized to access this page". Anyone got any
> idea what might be wrong?

That's a bug in our web site.  You can work around it for now by
logging in (lock the log-in button in the top right hand corner), then
revisiting that URL.

Dan, people are finding this page, which is linked to be fairly
visible pages such as:

       http://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/lsb/make-your-app-portable

... and if you're not logged in, instead of getting a request to log
in or create an account if they don't have a login, the user gets a
rather confusing "You are not authorized to access this page."  Could
this get placed on your todo list to fix?   Thanks!!

                                     - Ted

Brian Proffitt
Community Manager
Linux Foundation/Linux Developer Network

(574) 233-3997
AIM: StartXScribe