[lsb-discuss] AppChecker 4.0.2 - comments

Robert Schweikert rschweikert at novell.com
Tue Mar 10 13:30:34 PDT 2009

Some comments for AppChecker:

- In the "Component Selection browser" I think it would be more
convenient to not show the hidden files by default. The reasoning is
that it is unlikely that an app or binary to be checked is a hidden file.

- The starting directory tree for selection displayed is the "root"
directory, i.e. "/". I agree that this is as good a choice as any.
However, displaying the word "root" as the location is confusing as it
might lead users to think they are looking at the super user home
directory. The double meaning of the word is unfortunate. I'd suggest to
 simply display "/" instead of "root". This remove any ambiguity.

- It would be nice to get a text entry field into the "Component
Selection browser" to allow the user to enter a path, rather than having
to click through the hierarchy.

- The application name field is cleared either when the "Component
Selection browser" is started or exited. The value of the field should
remain. I would consider this a bug.

Robert

Software Engineer Consultant                          LINUX
rschweikert at novell.com
781-464-8147

Novell
Making IT Work As One