[lsb-discuss] AppChecker Survey List

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Wed Mar 11 09:06:13 PDT 2009

Fairly good survey, but this question is unclear:

> Cross-version support is more important than cross-distro portability.

This could mean several things. It could be taken to as "I think having
different versions of my app be compatible with each other is more
important than them being compatible across several distributions",
which is two issues that aren't strongly related, except insofar as
they both involve development time.

It could also be taken as "I think having AppChecker tell me about
differences in interfaces used by different versions of my app is
more important than what it tells me about my portability between
distros".

But I doubt either of these readings are what was intended, which
is quite unclear to me. Clarification?

--
John Dallman
Parasolid Porting Engineer