[lsb-discuss] LSB/OpenJDK GSOC Draft

Theodore Tso tytso at mit.edu
Thu Mar 12 07:40:10 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 02:12:00PM -0600, Kay Tate wrote:
> "different" in line 4
>
> Do we assume that the resulting product will still be "Java," or
> should we mention standard testing?

I thought about adding a requirement to use the TCK, but the TCK has
interesting legal issues with respect to getting access to the TCK.
Getting access to the TCK requires signing an NDA, and I'm not sure
Google allows us to require students to sign agreemnts such as the TCK
licensing agreement.    We might have to run the test for the student.

> Do we also want an informal assessment of resulting performance to
> ensure that there is not a major departure with the API
> substitutions?

Good point.  Do we know of specific benchmarks that should be used
(like Volanomark, for example)?

						- Ted