[lsb-discuss] LSB/OpenJDK GSOC Draft

Dalibor Topic Dalibor.Topic at Sun.COM
Fri Mar 13 08:34:48 PDT 2009

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

> seems like I said this somewhere already, but I'll echo it:
> part of the plan should be to submit to upstream (openjdk),
> and hopefully have built some bridges there so it's not just
> a pure code-drop-and-run.  acceptance of such changes can't
> be an absolute requirement, but "working with the community
> to make the changes acceptable" ought to be a goal, no?

Yep, absolutely - I love the idea.

cheers,
dalibor topic
Dalibor Topic                   Tel: (+49 40) 23 646 738
Java F/OSS Ambassador           AIM: robiladonaim
Sun Microsystems GmbH           Mobile: (+49 177) 2664 192
Nagelsweg 55                    http://openjdk.java.net
D-20097 Hamburg                 mailto:Dalibor.Topic at sun.com
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Bömer