[lsb-discuss] LSB -- next 4.1

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri May 22 13:43:59 PDT 2009

Robert Schweikert wrote:
> All,
>
> Based on our discussions at the Collaboration Summit I propose that
> we consider the following features and release date for LSB 4.1
>
> Target Release date: February 15, 2010
>
> Target Features:
>
> - ALSA
> - Include any symbols to be found missing during ISV adoption push in
> 4.0 time frame
> - Best effort dynamic linking
> - Bug fixes
> - Progress on LSB modularization framework (spec, potentially
> prototype impl)
> - Uplift CUPS
> - Include SANE

I think first we need to settle on the distribution targets.
If certain older distributions are still being considered, it
limits the scope of what is possible (e.g. the cups uplift;
whether or not to fold in dbus which you don't mention above).

also, does "missing symbols" extend to missing libraries too?