[lsb-discuss] help me,thanks!

Stew Benedict stewb at linux-foundation.org
Sat May 23 00:10:20 PDT 2009

宁雅利 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It’s the first time I use the lsb. Now I want to learn and use it . I
> have download the lsb-test-core-3.2.1-1.ia64.rpm , installed it , also i
> have ran it ,got the result. The problem is that I am still not clear
> the contens of the test cases. Neither don’t know how to analyse the
> result. Can you give me some advice , and where I can find some
> documents which describe the details of every testcase.
>
> Look for ward to you!
>
> Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. Ideally, the test cases follow the
specification, and for many, we try to have the test state the assertion
being tested. If you were to expand the results in dtk-manager (if
you're using it), or report with tjreport -v, some of this information
should be visible. Some failures can also be driven by setup issues, and
if you are able to post your list of failures or make the journal
available somewhere, those of us that have been doing this for a long
time may recognize some of the issues. There are also some wiki pages of
the various LSB versions' test pilots, which detail some common failures
we've seen.

spec: http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Specifications
3.2 test pilot: http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/TestPilot32

Also, I see you're running the 3.2 tests. We've expanded test coverage
and fixed various test issues in te 4.0 tests, and it's possible some of
your failures could go away if you were to use the 4.0 tests.

lsb-test-core is only one of a suite of tests that you would run against
a distribution for certification. More information on distribution
testing can be found here:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/LSB_Distribution_Testkit_Getting_Started

Hope this helps

--