[lsb-discuss] LSB -- next 4.1

Alexey Khoroshilov khoroshilov at ispras.ru
Wed May 27 09:11:04 PDT 2009

I would like to note that the renewed LSB Futures Tracker [1,2] can be
used to track discussions regarding adding new libraries and uplifting
existing ones.

The tracker helps:
- to track status of different aspects of newly added libraries while
details of each aspect are collected outside of the tracker (for
example, in wiki);
- to analyze set of interfaces to be included against so-called target
set of distros for the given LSB release.

Speaking of the libgomp I propose to create a wiki page as described
here [3] and to start to fill it with information.

Besides we should define a set of target distros for LSB 4.1 as Mats
mentioned. Just to recall, target distros are the distros that should be
LSB 4.1 certifiable in our opinion. In my opinion the list of target
distros can be:
- Debian 5.0
- RHEL5
- SLES11
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS

What should we add to or change in the list? What do you think?

[1] http://dev.linuxfoundation.org/navigator/browse/futures_tracker.php
[2]
http://ispras.linuxfoundation.org/index.php/LSB_Futures_Tracker_Administration
[3]