[lsb-discuss] LSB on a 'pure' x86_64 system

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Mon Oct 26 17:59:57 PDT 2009

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Does LSB support a 'pure' x86_64 system?  That is, a system that is
> compiled exclusively for 64-bit code.  In this system, /lib64 is a
> symbolic link to /lib and there is no 32-bit code on the system at
> all.
>
> I have tried to install the LSB Distribution Testkit on a 'pure64'
> Linux From Scratch system and the installation appeared to be
> successful, but trying to run the most simple test hangs without
> error messages that tell me anything useful:
>
> root at core2:/opt/lsb/test/core/tet/test_sets# [23:46:50] Subshell
> output stalled for 60 seconds
>
> Almost anything else I've tried works fine, including X, several
> window managers, firefox, nvidia proprietary drivers, etc.
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated.

It should be possible, pretty much it describes a Debian
system AFAIK.

In the LSB case you do need to make sure that
/lib64/ld-lsb-x86-64.so.3 exists, it can be a symlink to
the regular dynamic linker without problem.

Note that there are some tests that take a long time and will
naturally give the messages above, but that's probably not the
reason if you never saw any indication of it working.

I suggest trying something simpler as a first check... for
example, does lsblibchk (from lsb-libchk package) work?