[lsb-discuss] LSB 4.0 SDK queries

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Fri Sep 4 07:03:49 PDT 2009

I have the LSB SDK 4.0.0-4 from February, for the platforms I use,
but that's the one that gives warnings on SLES11 about not working
properly with GCC 4.3.

Looking at the downloads page, the development kit hasn't been updated
since February, but there are updated versions of lsb-build-base,
lsb-build-cc, lsb-build-c++, and so on. Presumably those would make
a new SDK? Have the GCC 4.3 problems been dealt with?

If so, I'm not exactly sure which of those packages I need. I know I
need -base, -cc and -c++, and I know I don't need -desktop, -qt*,
-makelsbpkg or -runner at present. I'm not at all sure about -task-sdk,
or -buildenv; I don't think I need xdg-utils.

I'm used to building stuff with the LSB 3.1 SDK, using lsbcc and lsbc++;
some idea of how things have changed from there would help. I work with
lots of different platforms, so I can't really keep up-to-date with all
the Linux developments as they happen.

Secondly, what's the situation with running stuff built for LSB 4.0 on
machines that support LSB 3.1? The loaders are the same, but does that
mean it's just supposed to work, or are there caveats or limitations?

thanks,

--
John Dallman
Parasolid Porting Engineer