[lsb-discuss] LSB 4.0 SDK queries

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Fri Sep 4 07:41:51 PDT 2009

> > Looking at the downloads page, the development kit hasn't been
> > updated since February, but there are updated versions of
> > lsb-build-base, lsb-build-cc, lsb-build-c++, and so on. Presumably
> > those would make a new SDK? Have the GCC 4.3 problems been dealt
with?

> yes, it's been taken care of, but due to a set of circumstances
> the update to the SDK was never released.

OK. Is the update likely to happen soon?

> > If so, I'm not exactly sure which of those packages I need. I know I
> > need -base, -cc and -c++, and I know I don't need -desktop, -qt*,
> > -makelsbpkg or -runner at present. I'm not at all sure about
> > -task-sdk, or -buildenv; I don't think I need xdg-utils.

I presume I need all of these to be equivalent to an updated SDK?

> > Secondly, what's the situation with running stuff built for LSB 4.0
> > on machines that support LSB 3.1?
>
> Fortunately, the checker can be told to check against an arbitrary
> spec version (well, back to 3.0), so you can check whether something
> can be expected to work on 3.1.

OK. The alternative is presumably to build using the 4.0 SDK and
LSBCC_LSBVERSION=3.1?

thanks,

--
John Dallman
Parasolid Porting Engineer

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software
Industry Sector
46 Regent Street, Cambridge, CB2 1DP
United Kingdom
Tel: +44-1223-371554