[lsb-discuss] LSB 4.0 SDK queries

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Sep 4 07:45:50 PDT 2009

> If so, I'm not exactly sure which of those packages I need. I know I
> need -base, -cc and -c++, and I know I don't need -desktop, -qt*,
> -makelsbpkg or -runner at present. I'm not at all sure about
> -task-sdk, or -buildenv; I don't think I need xdg-utils.

Okay, let's answer the rest of the question :)

-task-sdk is a rollup, by installing it you know you have everything
you need (and in your case more) - it just depends on the others.
I'd usually suggest installing them all just for convenience, none
of them are that big. but here's the summary:

base:  base headers and stub libraries

desktop: desktop headers and stub libraries (you may well need
after all, the division into "desktop" might be surprising and
has more to do with the way the project was integrated than
strictly desktop - libxml2 is here for example)

cc: lsbcc and other building tools

c++: libstdc++ headers configured and packaged for LSB