[lsb-discuss] Linux Major Refactoring

Thu Sep 10 12:43:21 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am Aziz , a graduate student from university of Maryland Baltimore county.

I have a question for the Linux kernel community which would give an edge in my research in software engineering.

I would like to know from the developers and architects of kernel whether linux has gone through any major refactoring.

Could anyone let me know which were the releases which has gone through this major refactoring.

As a software engineer I know that refactoring happens in every software project. But as linux has been developed over years, There may be a time where some desigh changes were made with minimal functionality added to the kernel. I would like to know more about these releases.

Your early reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Aziz