[lsb-discuss] LSB Distribution Testkit

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 20:04:09 PDT 2009

Stew Benedict wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> I am finally getting around to testing Linux From Scratch against the
>> LSB Distribution Testkit, however I need some help.
>>
>> I downloaded lsb-sdk-4.0.0-4.x86_64.tar.gz and installed it.  As a
>> note here, I got:
>>

> If it's really the distribution test kit you're after, you are grabbing
> the wrong bits. The sdk is the "software development kit". (unless
> you're planning to build the testkit, which would be another adventure).
>
> http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/bundles/released-4.0.0/dist-testkit/lsb-dist-testkit-4.0.0-4.ia32.tar.gz

> Would be the distribution test kit

I did need to install the testkit and not the sdk.  Thanks.

I will say that it would helpful for the link to the LSB Distribution Tools
downloads (from https://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/distro/testkit-getting-started)
be to an anchor point and not the top of the downloads page.  It is

I missed it because it was "below the fold" on my browser.

Another place on the same page points to href="/distro/downloads/testkits"
which is much better.

The instructions of the page also refer to
"Unpack the package using the following command:
tar xzf lsb-dtk-<version>.<architecture>.tar.gz"

where it appears it should be
"tar -xzf lsb-dist-testkit-<version>.<architecture>.tar.gz"

> Keys are here:
>
> http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/keys-for-rpm/
>
> I'm thinking
>
> http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/keys-for-rpm/lsb-4.0-release-key.asc
>
> is what you want, but I could be wrong on that.

Yes, indeed that is the key I needed.  Thanks.  I suggest that the apropriate
pages be updated to point to the key(s).

   -- Bruce Dubbs
      linuxfromscratch.org