[lsb-discuss] using LSB in a small project

Denis Silakov silakov at ispras.ru
Mon Apr 5 23:32:29 PDT 2010

On 04/05/10 16:17, LDN LSB Mailing List wrote:
> Current implementation creates the bootloader using gcc and a Makefile.
> I need some guidelines for this small project.

Hi,

I took a look at your project and it seems that you face a common
problem with hash style used in your binaries, described, for example, here:
https://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/article/more-compatibility-issues-easily-managed-with-lsb-tools

To be sure, if you use LSB SDK to build your project, the issue will go
away.

However, probably using the whole LSB SDK for your small project is not
very convenient; I'd suggest to simply modify your makefile to use
'--hash-style=sysv' instead of '--hash-style=gnu' in linker options.

Ah, well, I see that your makefile is generated by Make.py from the one
taken from system Python; in Make.py, you can try to add the following
line to the place where you redefine some variables:

somevars['LDFLAGS'] =
somevars['LDFLAGS'].replace('--hash-style=gnu','--hash-style=sysv')

This seems to work for me.

--
Regards,
Denis.