[lsb-discuss] Missing symbols in LSB ALSA

Daniel Harrison nixscripter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 07:33:07 PDT 2010

Stew Benedict wrote:
> After waking up more fully, it seems the "DONE" side is high there. On
> my machine I have 723 as "NEEDED", and once I finished up the last few
> today and the 3 deprecated symbols, I have -3 as "TODO". Scripts could
> be more robust, but they were just something quick'n'dirty to be able to
> manage what needed to be done, as diffs of the html are difficult to
> digest (for me). It could be you have changes in your tree that were
> never commited, with more interfaces than I've marked up?

You're right. Running it on the upstream tree I got (positive) 23 to-do
before I pulled changes this morning, and -9 after.

But still, what is the underlying problem? I am on x86-32, to answer
your previous question. I don't think overlapping work is causing it,
because piping the data through uniq should not make it show twice if
the same function was marked up in two different files.

What I did find, however, is that the req-done script strips 'app.'
things. Why was that done? If one version was marked with an an 'app.'
and another wasn't, then it would show up incorrectly.
--
Dan Harrison
"If you think your users are idiots, only idiots will use it." -- Linus