[lsb-discuss] Missing symbols in LSB ALSA

Stew Benedict stewb at linux-foundation.org
Tue Apr 6 07:43:35 PDT 2010

Daniel Harrison wrote:
> Stew Benedict wrote:
>> After waking up more fully, it seems the "DONE" side is high there.
>> On my machine I have 723 as "NEEDED", and once I finished up the last
>> few today and the 3 deprecated symbols, I have -3 as "TODO". Scripts
>> could be more robust, but they were just something quick'n'dirty to
>> be able to manage what needed to be done, as diffs of the html are
>> difficult to digest (for me). It could be you have changes in your
>> tree that were never commited, with more interfaces than I've marked up?
>
> You're right. Running it on the upstream tree I got (positive) 23
> to-do before I pulled changes this morning, and -9 after.
>
> But still, what is the underlying problem? I am on x86-32, to answer
> your previous question. I don't think overlapping work is causing it,
> because piping the data through uniq should not make it show twice if
> the same function was marked up in two different files.

Right, I was thinking more about marked up interfaces that aren't in LSB
(just guessing as I don't have your data)
> What I did find, however, is that the req-done script strips 'app.'
> things. Why was that done? If one version was marked with an an 'app.'
> and another wasn't, then it would show up incorrectly.
My thinking was that there would be no app.xxx.01, as these are all
parameters to the function, so they'll be .02, .03.... They were getting
picked up in an earlier version of the script and giving false counts.

--
Stew Benedict
Linux Foundation