[lsb-discuss] GSOC: Cross Distribution Package Dependency Translation

Alexey Khoroshilov khoroshilov at ispras.ru
Tue Apr 6 08:54:47 PDT 2010

Dear Jez,

We have published more details here [1] including Web interface for
dependencies transformation.

Web service itself is not a part of the GSoC project idea, it should be
used by tools to be developed to implement actual transformation.

The first tool should repackage rpm and deb files with transformed
dependencies. The second tool should install an 'alien' package (created
for another distribution) to a target system resolving all required
dependencies. And actually there are no strict preferences regarding
programming languages to be used. The key skills are in the area of
working with packaging formats and tools.

[1] http://linuxtesting.org/dependencySearcher/about

Regards,
Alexey