[lsb-discuss] (no subject)

Prashant Saxena animator333 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 08:31:47 PDT 2010

Hi,

Yesterday night after applying a major update, kubuntu(karmic 9.10) was crashed badly. Fortunately I was able to recover all the data. This time I have decided to use VirtualBox on XP as a host.

In short, I have tried couple of things but I was not able to produce something useful. I guess my skill sets are major drawback. I did all the changes mentioned in all the post related to this topic.

After doing a fresh install of kubuntu karmic 9.10, I installed packages mentioned below. Am I missing something here?

lsb-appchk3 -3.2.2-1ubuntu1(i386)
lsb-build-base3 -3.2.2~pre-1(i386)
lsb-build-cc3 - 3.2.0-1 (i386)

Changing CC & CXX to lsbcc and lsbc++ in makefile doesn't help. I would really appreciate if some one more experienced could help me out by producing necessary files with instructions in order to produce lsb compatible binary(bootloader). Yes, I know that I am asking to serve the dish so that I can enjoy it but trust me I don't know anything to cook here and I am really hungry. :-)

lsbcc & lsbc++ resides in /usr/bin.

This is a really a showstopper right now and it must be solved to move forward.

Regards

Prashant