[lsb-discuss] Linux wireless GSoC 2010 project ideas

Nick Bowler nbowler at elliptictech.com
Mon Feb 1 14:12:52 PST 2010

On 22:14 Mon 01 Feb     , Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> 2 - Allow a wireless card to associate to several APs at once (if they
> share the frequency).
> Implement this at least for ath5/9k. Madwifi had that feature. Maybe
> ath9k has. If it has that feature, test it.

I haven't actually tried this particular case, but this is ostensibly
already supported by mac80211: iw allows you to create several wireless
interfaces that share a phy, which can then be configured into different
modes (I've used station + monitor successfully in the past).

--
Nick Bowler, Elliptic Technologies (http://www.elliptictech.com/)