[lsb-discuss] Linux wireless GSoC 2010 project ideas

Hin-Tak Leung hintak.leung at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 20:52:36 PST 2010

On 1/28/10, Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Great to hear from you.
>
> I will apply again for the LF entering as a mentoring organization and I
> will add your projects to the list of proposed projects for the LF
> application.

Perhaps at this point, it might be a good idea to share some insights
for reasons of failures/non-competition. I think the first year (2008)
of LF's participation, it was 6/8 competion over all? How did 2009 do?
Luis mentioned that 2/3 failed out of the 3 wireless-related project,
but AFAIK there were about 10 accepted in 2009 under the LF umbrella -
what's the completion rate for the other 7? It is probably a good idea
to write some of that up (non-competition and the possibility of
re-do) in one of Linux Foundation's wiki pages.

AFAIK the overall non-competition rate across all organization is
about 10% so the 2/8 in 2008 wasn't too bad.

> P. S.: Do you know someone with knowledge in data compression? I will
> run a project at OpenPrinting which is about data compression.

What are you thinking of? :-)

Hin-Tak