[lsb-discuss] ALSA Test Markup: input.c and cards.c

Daniel Harrison nixscripter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 19:04:51 PST 2010

Jeff Licquia wrote:
> I've pushed these, as well as the ones from before.  We may want to
> correct some of the IDs in one ("snd_foo_bar" instead of
> "snd_foo_bar.01"), but otherwise didn't see anything that struck me as
> bad.  I'll admit, though, that the review wasn't very extensive.

Oh. I made that mistake quite a few times. I will make sure always to
add the 01 in the future.

Also, I actually didn't use KompoZer for most of those, but a clever
Perl script. I found myself doing something simple most of the time:
highlight a one line description in a table listing the functions as a
requirement. The pattern of markup KompoZer added when I did that was
extremely predictable, so I wrote a script to copy that pattern and do
it for every table entry in an entire file. After running it, I reviewed
the files in KompoZer, and added extra requirements as needed -- but
there weren't any in the last two files.

Here's that script. It is designed to be run on the *_8c.html files.
Note the -p flag in the shebang line.
--
Dan Harrison

#!/usr/bin/perl -p
#
# Does testing markup quickly on a file. Reads from standard input or listed
# file names, writes to standard output.
#
# It looks for a table listing functions, and creates one requirement
for every
# function consisting of its description text.
#
# In addition, it will add the CSS markup that the Kompozer tool does
when you
# turn requirements on for the file.
#
# This is designed to be a simple, first-pass script. Human review is
strongly
# advised after it has been run. Additionally, it makes many assumptions
about
# the markup of the input files, and may display strange behavior in the
face of
# different line organization of its input HTML.
#
# Usage: markup.pl fileone_8c.html >output.html
#
# OR
#
# markup < fileone_8c.html >output.html
#
# by nixscripter at gmail.com, freely given to the public domain

#
# Stamp on the extra CSS code for the requirement markup.
#
$css = '<style id="reqstyle">
.req { background-color: rgb(255, 255, 153);}
s@(\<link href="tabs.css" rel="stylesheet"
type="text/css"\>)(\</head\>)@$1$css$2@;

#
# Now the iterative processing. First, ignore lines we are not
interested in.
#
next unless m/^<tr>/;

#
# On first lines, Look for the function's name, which is marked with an
anchor.
#
if(!$func)
{
      $func = $1 if m/a class="el"[^>]*>([^<]+)<\/a>/;
}
else
{
     #
     #  Once the functions name has been found, the next line will contain a
     #  table row with its description, surrounded by a span.
     #
     s/(<td class="mdescRight">)([^<]+)/$1<span class="req"
id="$func.01">$2<\/span>/;

     #
     # Reset in preparation for the next row.
     #
     $func = "";
}