[lsb-discuss] Possible to get rid of /usr/bin/sendmail requirement in LSB 4.1?

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Mon Feb 22 07:35:50 PST 2010

>I think this would be the best solution for the problem.

at a theoretical level you may be right that a little
more exposure of the internal granularity of LSB would
not be a bad thing (and indeed the ubuntu/debian way of
packaging things actually seems to do so now), but you
may recall that when we headed down that path before
it was stopped because it was considered too "confusing"
for consumers of the LSB, so I just don't think it's
likely to happen.