[lsb-discuss] Adding dependency on "lsb" causes huge downloads

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Feb 24 11:04:09 PST 2010

Chromium recently tried switching to using a dependency
on 'lsb' ... and it pulls in everything under the sun, even
an MTA.  This caused our users to yell.  We're reverting the
change.

One of the goals of the 'lsb' dependency was to make
life easier for developers, but when our users yell at
us for using it because it causes all sorts of possibly
harmful crap to be installed, that's not making life easier.

See http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=35639
for details.