[lsb-discuss] Under what licenses are lsb-build-base, lsb-build-c++ and lsb-build-cc distributed

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Mon Jan 11 06:08:15 PST 2010

shompola at bredband.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know under what licenses lsb-build-base,
> lsb-build-c++ and lsb- build-cc are distributed.
> In addition to that, we are building lsb-build-cc from source code
> and I
> wonder if we deliver it in one package with pre-packaged
> lsb-build-base and lsb- build-c++, do I need to copy the LICENCE file
> to the lsb-build-cc directory as it is not included after I have
> built lsb-build-cc? LICENCE file is already included with
> lsb-build-base and lsb-build-c++.

All three are under the same license, which can be seen in
/opt/lsb/doc/{packagname}/Licence in an installed setup, and
in the build_env version control branch in the package subdirectory.

It's the BSD license, modified as allowed to indicate the
copyright holder as Linux Foundation, rather Regents of UC Berkeley.