[lsb-discuss] Looking for a list of distributions that are LSB 4.x compliant

Robert Schweikert rschweikert at novell.com
Mon Jan 25 18:12:25 PST 2010

Dallman, John wrote:
> Daren David and Jeff Licquia wrote:
>
>> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/lsb-cert/productdir.php?by_prod
>> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/lsb-cert/productdir.php?by_lsb
>
> Thanks. That seems reasonably up-to-date, although SLES10sp2 is
> missing.

Hi John,

We (Novell) decided not to certify SLE 10 SPx to LSB 4.0 as the LSB 4.0
release date was after the release of SLE 11, thus only SLE 11 is
certified for LSB 4.0. However, as we (LSB work group) were working on
LSB 4.0 it was our goal that SLE 10 could certify to LSB 4.0. Thus, from
a technical perspective it is possible to get SLE 10 SP3 (as this is the
currently supported version) certified to 4.0.

If we (Novell) would certify SLE 10 SP3 would you certify to LSB 4.0? I
know we as the LSB work group still have to resolve the "Library
Certification" rules in more detail, but if you can commit to certifying
I am certain this will get us moving in that direction quickly. Also if
we have a committed ISV I might be able to get the needle moved on SLE
10 SP3 certification.

Thanks,
Robert

The answer to requiring LSB 4.0 is clearly "not yet",