[lsb-discuss] Looking for a list of distributions that are LSB 4.x compliant

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Tue Jan 26 02:16:08 PST 2010

> We (Novell) decided not to certify SLE 10 SPx to LSB 4.0 as the LSB
4.0
> release date was after the release of SLE 11, thus only SLE 11 is
> certified for LSB 4.0.

Understood. I was mostly surprised that SLES10sp2 and SLES10sp3 were not

listed as 3.x certified. Maybe the web page is just out of date, or
maybe
it seemed obvious to Novell that if sp1 was certified, sp2 and sp3
automatically would be so. If the latter, it would be better to have it
explicit; there are a remarkable number of people out there who are so
paranoid about being shouted at by their bosses that they'll take any
excuse to avoid changing things, including avoiding installing service
packs.

> If we (Novell) would certify SLE 10 SP3 would you certify to LSB 4.0?

Not immediately. It would help towards my being able to do so, but it
wouldn't be enough; I'd need RHEL5 to have done the same thing. Since
I doubt that Red Hat will certify RHEL5 as LSB 4.0 if they haven't done
so already, I expect I'm going to have to wait until RHEL6 is well-
established.

Thanks for the offer, but I do have to support RHEL as well as SLES.

best,

--
John Dallman
Parasolid Porting Engineer

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software
Industry Sector
46 Regent Street, Cambridge, CB2 1DP
United Kingdom
Tel: +44-1223-371554