[lsb-discuss] Looking for a list of distributions that are LSB 4.x compliant

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Tue Jan 26 03:33:55 PST 2010

Schweikert [mailto:rschweikert at novell.com] wrote:

> Well, let's see if we cannot move the needle for RHEL5.4 via the Linux
> Foundation as well.

Best of luck! Since 5.4 has shipped, I presume you really mean RHEL5.5?

With SLES10sp3 and REHL 5.5 supporting LSB 4.0, I might well be able to
move up to LSB 4.0 in June 2011. I only get one chance to do this per
year, and I have to pre-announce it: customers need notice to adapt to
our platform changes. The announcement for the changes in June 2010 has
already gone out.

--
John Dallman
Parasolid Porting Engineer

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software
Industry Sector
46 Regent Street, Cambridge, CB2 1DP
United Kingdom
Tel: +44-1223-371554
john.dallman at siemens.com
www.siemens.com/plm

Since
> > I doubt that Red Hat will certify RHEL5 as LSB 4.0 if they haven't
> done
> > so already, I expect I'm going to have to wait until RHEL6 is well-
> > established.
> >
> > Thanks for the offer, but I do have to support RHEL as well as SLES.
>
> Well, lets see if we cannot move the needle for RHEL5.4 via the Linux
> Foundation as well.
>
> Robert
> >
> > best,
> >
> > --
> > John Dallman
> > Parasolid Porting Engineer
> >
> > Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software
> > Industry Sector
> > 46 Regent Street, Cambridge, CB2 1DP
> > United Kingdom
> > Tel: +44-1223-371554