[lsb-discuss] LSb Java

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Jun 16 14:14:36 PDT 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Pavel Shved wrote:

> A couple of words from the guy who was doing the project.
    ... big snip
> The results, unfortunately didn't meet all the expectations.  However, a
> proper investigation of OpenJDK was performed, and, at least, we got an
> LSB build.

Thank you, Pavel for your work, and for the concise summary of
results

At the end of the day, you do not mention if the fruit of your
'OpenJDK LSB build' effort passes the TCK test suite.

The license document I find at
 	http://openjdk.java.net/legal/openjdk-tck-license.pdf
still references '200____' and Sun, and looks unchanged from
the past and still with the same problems already noted.  See
the thread 'LSB conf call notes for 2008-07-30' in the ML
archives for the issue cluster around it

Assuming a given candidate could pass a given java
implementation as to the interpreter's conformance to be
called a Java, there is still the issue of what interfaces
need to be an LSB conformant application, no?

-- Russ herrold