[lsb-discuss] LSB 4.1 tracker update

Denis Silakov silakov at ispras.ru
Fri Jun 18 01:16:20 PDT 2010

On 06/17/10 22:44, Robert Schweikert wrote:
> FYI,
>
> I've submitted the man pages for pthread_rwlockattr_getkind_np,
> pthread_rwlockattr_setkind_np to the Linux man page project. I also
> attached the pages to bug 2364 and updated the release task tracker.
>
> With respect to __pthread* and _Unwind_GetIPInfo I am not sure whether
> we want/need to document interfaces that start with __ or _.

I'd say that (ideally) every function included in LSB should be
documented. It would be a little strange to require distribution vendors
to provide a function with a given name whose behavior is unspecified.
Finally, it's impossible to develop tests without function description.

Though probably there is no need in man pages, and only some wordings
for the specification text are required. For example, several _Unwind*
functions already included in LSB don't have man pages in linux-mp
project, they are simply described in LSB text - e.g., this one:

http://refspecs.linuxfoundation.org/LSB_4.0.0/LSB-Core-IA32/LSB-Core-IA32/baselib--unwind-getip.html

sources for these pages are sgml files located here:

http://bzr.linuxfoundation.org/loggerhead/lsb/devel/lsbspec/files/head%3A/LSB/generic/baselib/

--
Regards,
Denis.