[lsb-discuss] LSBCC generating debug enabled build even if "-g" option is not specified.

Suresh Pamidipati VPamidipati at goahead.com
Tue Oct 5 06:58:01 PDT 2010

Hi All,

We have noticed that LSBCC is generating the sections .debug_info, .debug_aranges, .debug_str, .debug_abbrev, etc in all the executables/libraries. Due to this LSB AppChecker is reporting warnings that these are not in LSB. We have seen this in SUSE 10.2 machine. Does LSBCC generate debug enabled build even if "-g" option is not specified.? If so, how can we have debug-disabled build of binaries/libraries.?

Can anyone please provide any information on this. It will be really helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh.