[lsb-discuss] pthread_mutexattr_{get,set}robust[_np]

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Mon Oct 11 05:50:05 PDT 2010

lsb-discuss-bounces at lists.linux-foundation.org wrote:
> These are fairly new: I learned of them by finding them in the
> glibc 2.11 with SLES11sp1. Is there a plan for adding them to
> LSB? Obviously, this can't be done until they're widely supported.

the *np versions are not new, and could indeed have been added
as part of bug 2364 work, where they are mentioned but not
among the ones done due to apparently low demand.  The ones without the
np suffix relate to the newer POSIX version which does indeed
have to wait for the next LSB version (they're GLIBC_2.12 actually)

filing a bug would be a good way to get those two tracked.
I see other new functions around the same time are
pthread_sigqueue and pthread_mutex_consistent (although I'm
not sure where pthread_sigqueue comes from, it doesn't seem to
be a POSIX function and yet doesn't have the _np)