[lsb-discuss] list of undocumented interfaces: LSB 4.1 spec beta

Daniel Harrison nixscripter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 14:17:54 PDT 2010

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> I've put a page on the wiki:
>
> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/SpecReview41
>
> which currently contains all the interfaces that spec
> generation ends up reporting have no documentation.
> For the c++ interfaces, I fed those through the demangler
> to also include the unmangled name.
>
> I'm not sure that all of these are actually
> "undocumented", it may be that some of the
> database linkages simply aren't right.

What I was seeing (in the C++ libs esp.) was a bunch of internal names which are not to be used by outsiders. They are probably undocumented because the libc++ people don't want anyone using them, and so they are refusing to document them too. I think those we should ignore and/or remove from the list, if it is going to serve as a "to do" list.

--
Dan Harrison