[lsb-discuss] LSB AppChecker reporting failures

Suresh Pamidipati VPamidipati at goahead.com
Fri Sep 17 07:39:51 PDT 2010

Hi All,

We tried running AppChecker on our product and saw the following categories of errors in results.

RPM header check failed       Failures 36

Messages from the test:

checkRpmArchive: magic isn't expected value 0x1f8b, found 425a instead

RPM tags check failed         Failures 52

Messages from the test:

Incorrect RPMTAG_ARCH: expecting i486 or noarch but found i686

RPM dependencies check failed Failures 712

Messages from the test:

Unexpected dependency /bin/bash

RPM archive check failed      Failures 36

Messages from the test:

Invalid RPMTAG_PAYLOADCOMPRESSOR: expecting gzip but found bzip2

We downloaded and used LSB SDK lsb-sdk-4.0.3-1.ia32.tar.gz to build RPMs and lsb-app-checker-4.0.0-4.ia32.tar.gz.
Did any of you see this kind of errors. Please let us know how to resolve these errors.
Any information on this will be really helpful.

Thanks,
Suresh.