[lsb-discuss] LSBCC_LSBVERSION not honoured by *-config scripts

Craig Scott craig.scott at csiro.au
Fri Sep 24 15:50:08 PDT 2010

Hi all. I couldn't find links to any bug tracker on the LDN site, so hopefully a bug report here is appropriate I've seen a couple float by my inbox, but feel free to redirect me if there's a more appropriate place to report LSB bugs.

I have been doing some experimenting with the latest 4.0 lsb-build-* packages, particularly with using them to build things targeting 3.x LSB versions by setting the LSBCC_LSBVERSION environment variable as documented in the man pages for lsbcc and lsbc++. What I'm finding is that support for this is still a bit patchy (for those interested, I'm attempting to build Qt 4.7.0, but I'll save that story for another day and a different mailing list).

One of the things I've noticed is that the following scripts don't support the use of LSBCC_LSBVERSION:

/opt/lsb/bin/cups-config
/opt/lsb/bin/freetype-config
/opt/lsb/bin/xft-config
/opt/lsb/bin/xml2-config

These all set their libdir to /opt/lsb/lib or to /opt/lsb/lib64-4.0 (presumably the 32-bit version would have the latter as /opt/lsb/lib-4.0). This appears to be hard-coded into the scripts and there is no code I can see in there to attempt to modify this path if LSBCC_LSBVERSION is set. Anything that uses these scripts (which I suspect Qt is doing in its configure step) will end up erroneously using the 4.0 libs regardless of what LSB version was intended.

--
Dr Craig Scott
Computational Software Engineering Team Leader, CSIRO (CMIS)