[lsb-discuss] A Modest Proposal for Solving the Packaging Problem

Denis Silakov silakov at ispras.ru
Mon Apr 25 01:40:46 PDT 2011

On 04/24/11 01:50, Dan Harrison wrote:
> As a random thought, I saw something about a "hard copy book that
> needed updating" with directions for packaging, the implication being
> that the documentation is either out of date or fragmented. When I was
> building an LSB compliant compiler (just to try), I used just such old
> and fragmented documentation, and had to do a lot of guessing.
>
> If the main difficulty with that book is information gathering from
> people who know stuff -- as opposed to actually having to invent
> something new -- I would be curious about doing that.

My opinion is that it would be definitely nice to have an up-to-date
copy of the book.

We have an online copy (http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Book) that
should be easy to edit/update. We've updated some of its parts in 2009
to correspond to LSB 4.0, but many pieces were not revised, indeed.

--
Regards,
Denis.