[lsb-discuss] LSB conference call (2011-04-27, 11am ET)

Craig.Scott at csiro.au Craig.Scott at csiro.au
Fri Apr 29 16:38:55 PDT 2011

>> I'd suggest first understanding what didn't work with the previous attempt at making the LSB support a set of sub-components before having another go at this.
>
>There was no previous attempt. We've been discussing this for a long
>time and might finally have a proposal that has a good chance at
>success. Time to get cracking and do something.

I was thinking here of LSB 3.x where packages could depend on lsb-core or lsb-graphics, which has since been deprecated. This is a very crude component-based dependency set, but there should be some knowledge gained from what was hoped to be achieved when it was put in the LSB, plus some lessons learnt which led to them subsequently being deprecated.

--
Dr Craig Scott
Computational Software Engineering Team Leader, CSIRO (CMIS)