[lsb-discuss] 4.1 branches started: appbat, desktop-test, azov-qt3-tests

Stew Benedict stewb at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Aug 23 12:10:09 PDT 2011

On 08/23/2011 02:53 PM, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> As discussed on the last conference call, I've created the 4.1
> maintenance section of our Bazaar repositories, and have branched two
> projects: appbat and desktop-test.  A third project, azov-qt3-tests, has
> been moved into 4.1 in preparation for our plan to drop Qt 3 from the
> LSB in 5.0.
>
> On the last call, we decided that a "just-in-time" strategy is best for
> creating separate 4.1 maintenance branches; thus, all other projects in
> devel should be treated as 4.1-only for now.  When 5.0-specific
> development is ready to start for any particular project, we can create
> the branch at that time.
>
> Please let me know if there are any problems with the new branches.
In going back open my open bugs last week, I see I've got increased test
coverage for alsa-t2c patches attached to a bug. Doesn't seem quite
right to push these to 4.1 and add requirements (even though no-one's
certified). My thinking was to introduce them for 5.0, which if this is
agreeable, breaking off 4.1 for this test suite would help get these
into wider testing.

--
Stew Benedict
Linux Foundation