[lsb-discuss] LSB and FHS restoration plan

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Dec 2 19:55:41 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 12/02/2011 08:07 PM, Jeff Licquia wrote:
>
>> As for IRC, the old irc.linuxfoundation.org isn't coming back.  We
>> should think about moving to another network.
>>

> Is having once own IRC server a security problem?
>
> I suggest using FreeNode. Most channels I use are there and it is always
> reliable. Also most client software knows it, so that one can set it up
> with a few clicks.

freenode works fine for the most part, we've had a "temporary" LSB channel
there since things went down, but it's got some issues, it's big, slow,
there are often nickname conflicts, and sometimes you just get thrown off
because it's too busy (check with Jiri who had that happen recently).  A
small fast targeted server did have some advantages.