[lsb-discuss] FHS 3.0, webpage, trac and wikipedia link.

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Dec 12 19:37:57 UTC 2011

On 12/10/2011 09:14 AM, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> I had been trying to figure out when FHS 3.0 is coming (as had been
> hearing for a while) and decided to head over linuxfoundation to find
> out when its coming, the webpage on the site tries to be clever
> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/lsb/fhs and does
> not give either any link to a roadmap or to a date besides just saying
> July 31 which I guess meant July 31, 2011 from the date given on which
> Mr. Jeff Licquia created/updated that page (April 27, 2011). This
> perhaps should be updated to reflect the new reality.

It probably should.  OTOH, the reason for the long delay is that the
Linux Foundation, current home of both the LSB and FHS, suffered a
security breach, which has led the LF to completely rebuild its
infrastructure.  We are extremely busy doing this rebuild.

I am actually working on the LSB portion of the rebuild now.

--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org