[lsb-discuss] readlink

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Feb 18 05:54:33 PST 2011

Craig.Scott at csiro.au wrote:
> Sorry, I should have been clearer. I'm talking here about the
> *shell command*, not the C function.

I'm not aware of anything.

and readlink-the-command comes from GNU coreutils, which is
GPLv3 licensed - something which seems to scare certain
people to death (presumably because they can't TIVO-ize their
products) so I believe it would be pretty hard to include as
mandatory in LSB... at least until alternate sources exist
(I've heard in the Mac world there is such a thing, but since
I don't play around there I don't really know)