[lsb-discuss] Different behaviour between 4.0 release and 4.0 from 4.1 beta

Craig Scott craig.scott at csiro.au
Sun Jan 2 16:35:18 PST 2011

After some more digging, it would appear that the changes made between 4.0 and 4.1 beta have allowed the Qt build to support GTK themes. The 4.0 build previously resulted in Qt's configure step disabling GTK support, presumably because headers were missing or did not pull in the expected dependent headers. Looking at the diffs between 4.0 and 4.1 beta, I can see that there have been various gtk-related additions to various headers. Unfortunately, Qt's configure does not report anything at all about GTK other than whether or not it will be built. For other parts, it shows the test used and result of the compiler output from that test, but not for GTK. :(

This looks like the bug is in Qt, not LSB, since the LSB headers are correct - it's just that Qt has made assumptions about header ordering. I'll follow up with bug reports to Nokia on this one.

Cheers.

--
Dr Craig Scott
Computational Software Engineering Team Leader, CSIRO (CMIS)