[lsb-discuss] getmaxx, getmaxy and getmaxyx

Craig Scott craig.scott at csiro.au
Wed Jan 5 13:26:05 PST 2011

The inclusion of getmaxyx but not getmaxx or getmaxy in the LSB seems a bit odd. I know it's only one package's (one person's?) view, but see this link:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=11648#c24417

CMake builds on a very wide variety of unix/linux platforms and they claim that they don't run into problems with using getmaxx or getmaxy. This suggests these macros are in common use, so I'm wondering why they haven't yet found their way into the LSB, especially since the related macro getmaxyx has.

--
Dr Craig Scott
Computational Software Engineering Team Leader, CSIRO (CMIS)