[lsb-discuss] Navigator reporting GL missing on Ubuntu 10.x

Craig Scott craig.scott at csiro.au
Thu Jan 20 20:02:14 PST 2011

Fair enough. Pragmatically speaking though, the LSB requires support for *an* opengl implementation, so it doesn't make sense for the LSB app checker to fail due to no opengl implementation being selected. Hence my suggestion that mesa be made the "default choice" as far as LSB compliance checking is concerned. While this choice may seem rather arbitrary, I don't think too many people would argue against mesa being more or less a defacto standard among linux distributions as "what you get if you don't actively choose something else" for your opengl. ;)

--
Dr Craig Scott
Computational Software Engineering Team Leader, CSIRO (CMIS)