[lsb-discuss] Navigator reporting GL missing on Ubuntu 10.x

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Jan 21 04:57:11 PST 2011

lsb-discuss-bounces at lists.linux-foundation.org wrote:
> Fair enough. Pragmatically speaking though, the LSB requires
> support for *an* opengl implementation, so it doesn't make
> sense for the LSB app checker to fail due to no opengl
> implementation being selected. Hence my suggestion that mesa
> be made the "default choice" as far as LSB compliance checking
> is concerned. While this choice may seem rather arbitrary, I
> don't think too many people would argue against mesa being
> more or less a defacto standard among linux distributions as
> "what you get if you don't actively choose something else" for your
> opengl. ;)

the app checker won't fail an app here, apps are checked against
what's in the spec, not against distros. the only thing that
could fail based on knowledge of a specific distribution
would be the readiness predictor.

I wonder if there was some sort of glitch in the captured data,
because it looks pretty default to me on a 10.04 netbook:

$ aptitude why libgl1-mesa-glx
i   ubuntu-netbook Depends libgl1-mesa-glx