[lsb-discuss] LSB 4.1 RC1

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Mon Jan 24 07:44:30 PST 2011

The LSB project is pleased to announce the availability of the first
release candidate of LSB 4.1.

Links to the specification, as well as links to download the tests and
SDK, are available at the following URL:

   http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/LSB_4.1_Beta

As of this writing, there are two known issues with the release candidate:

  - The decision to promote xdg-utils out of trial use was made after
the latest draft of the specification; therefore, the current RC spec
continues to list it as trial use.

  - Some of the tests for the IBM System/390 architectures (s390 and
s390x) have not yet been built due to a problem with our build
infrastructure.  These will be made available as soon as possible.

Please review and comment on LSB 4.1; file bugs at our bug tracker
(http://bugs.linuxbase.org), or reply to this message to send feedback
to the mailing list.  We hope to have as high-quality a release as
possible, which we can't do without extensive testing.