[lsb-discuss] stat(), lstat() and fstat()

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Jan 26 05:15:00 PST 2011

lsb-discuss-bounces at lists.linux-foundation.org wrote:
> And LSB navigator doesn't even know about fstatat(), but does
> at least know about stat(), lstat() and fstat() - strange that
> the binary functions these forward to are in the LSB, but
> navigator claims that the macros stat(), lstat() and fstat()
> are not and never have been....

this one worries me... we were supposed to add similar plumbing
for this as for stat, etc. for Navigator and header. and there's
even a bug for it but it's gotten missed somehow.  the confusion
over these things has come up several times over a decade, you'll see
that I went through the same WTF period (again) if you read bug 2426.