[lsb-discuss] stat(), lstat() and fstat()

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Jan 27 05:14:44 PST 2011

lsb-discuss-bounces at lists.linux-foundation.org wrote:
> That would be an improvement, but it still leaves open what
> LSB version it became included as "source only". It would seem
> clearer if it said something like "Included since 1.0 (source only)".
>
> --
> Dr Craig Scott
> Computational Software Engineering Team Leader, CSIRO (CMIS)
> Melbourne, Australia

my experiment yesterday looked like this:

http://dev.linuxfoundation.org/~mats/Interface_1296078425228.png

you'll see the "Appearance in LSB" table is populated, so while
not looking exactly as you describe, it does provide the info.
Some other aspects of the screen are a bit deceptive,
like the implication given of it being absent in most
distributions (because the distro information is a binary,
not a source-level check).