[lsb-discuss] Qt stuff from conf call minutes 2011-07-27

Craig.Scott at csiro.au Craig.Scott at csiro.au
Wed Jul 27 21:58:11 PDT 2011

On 28/07/2011, at 11:26 AM, Jeff Licquia wrote:

On 07/27/2011 07:17 PM, Craig.Scott at csiro.au<mailto:Craig.Scott at csiro.au> wrote:

libQt3Support.so - given that LSB is looking to remove support for Qt3, this library should probably not be added now (I'm surprised it wasn't in the LSB before though).

It might be useful for any stragglers still porting Qt 3 apps.  It
probably should have been added before.

It's my understanding that it doesn't actually pull in any linkage to Qt
3; it just provides some aids for porting Qt 3 apps to 4.

Correct, libQt3Support has no dependency on Qt3's libraries.

libQtMultimedia.so - This library has some chance of being dropped from Qt, so I'd recommend not adding it to the LSB for now.

I thought it was odd on the call that I couldn't find a copy of the lib
on my system (Ubuntu Natty, Qt 4.7.2).  Maybe it's already been dropped.

It hasn't been dropped yet, but on linux there are ties to phonon so I don't know if that helps you find it. It might be that Ubuntu decided to build Qt without the Multimedia module though.

--
Dr Craig Scott
Computational Software Engineering Team Leader, CSIRO (CMIS)